I opened up this sermon talking about the false Gods people worship thinking they are the Biblical God. He is not only a God of love, but also of judgment. If you look at Him as only a God of love, you may be worshiping an idol. There is only one God that can save.
I went out with four other Christians from my church yesterday to teach the Gospel to the lost. It was a very encouraging time. We gave out probably between 300-400 tracts and talked to quite a few people also. Please be prayerful about those who received the gospel.
I was able to conduct many audio interviews that I will be posting next week on my blog. I didn’t get all of them on audio though. A couple of them went really well. I had one conversation that didn’t seem fruitful until the person started texting me asking questions about the existence of God last night and today.
The highlight of my day was the end of the day. I got to spend a half hour open air preaching in downtown Pittsburgh. I have preached a lot on my college campus in Indiana Pennsylvania and once in Oakland near the University of Pittsburgh’s campus, but I had not yet preached in downtown Pittsburgh. This was a great time to do it. There were a ton of people around for the fourth of July. I had a few people walk up to me during the time I was preaching to encourage me and had a crowd stop and listen for a little bit.
I had one person stop and voice a disagreement about my preaching about the wrath of God. She stopped, said what she wanted to say, then ran away. There was one person that stopped and listened for a little bit. One of the brothers that was with me walked up to him and engaged him in a one-to –one and had about a 45min conversation with him.
Here is the audio for the open air preaching I did. I preached 3 short sermons.
Next time I go out to open air preach, I want to make sure I take a box or a stepstool to stand on to elevate myself. If you have any tips for me in improving how I preach in the open air, please feel free to contact me. This is something I really want to grow in.
I have done a lot of open air preaching on my college campus between classes the past couple semesters (Indiana Univ. of PA). I have wanted for a few months to try to do some public preaching in some areas of Pittsburgh, but have not done it yet because of the noise of the downtown traffic. I have not felt like my voice was strong enough. Because of this, I have been doing some research to find a cost effective portable PA system to use when preaching that is not too big, and also one that is not too loud where I will have to worry about running into issues with law enforcement. I found some videos with the one that I ended up ordering, the AKER AK-38. I have seen a few open air videos by Tony Miano using this PA System, and thankfully he made a video describing the equipment that he using for preaching.
I got it today in the mail, and was excited to turn it on and use it. It came fully charged, which was exciting. A brother came over today. We went outside of my house and tested it, and the sound went pretty far. So I am real excited about getting to use it, and once I use it a few times, I will write a review about it.
Information about the AKER AK-38:
The AKER AK38 has a USB Jack & TF Card socket which can be used to connect with Flash Drives & TF-Flash card and play the music files in the memory. FM Radio is also built-in in the amplifier. The amp also has a Microphone jack and an Audio-in jack. The Audio-in jack can connect with your Mp3 player as well as your computer by using the attached Male to Male 3.5mm audio patch cable. The amp will accept signals from both input ports and out through the speaker at the same time, i.e. You can speak through microphone while playing the music files.
- Small Super Powerful Voice Amplifier/Speaker Mp3 player & FM Radio. Size is 3.7in diameter x 5.8in length
- Rechargeable lithium batteries that last 12-16 hours of continuous use before needing a charge.
- Battery life will last 2-3 years.
- Very loud, excellent clarity, low feedback. Sound covers over 8,000 square feet.
- USB & MicroSD Card port and controls for playing Mp3 music. FM Radio, Can also be used as a speaker for external Mp3 players. The amp has a microphone input and a MP3 input . The amp will accept signals from both input ports and out through the speaker at the same time.
- Comes with Headset microphone, Charger cable (US plug), MP3 cable (male to male 3.5mm), MP3 line in port, Microphone line in port, adjustable carry strap, Carry bag
- Peak output power:RMS 25W
- Frequency response:100HZ~13000HZ±1db
- Current consumption:150mA
- The use of voltage:DC 7.5, lithium batteries
- Material:ABS resin molding
- Speaker sensitivity:-53dBV/Pa±3d